Top fittings on tank cars may vary in design and position. NorFalco cars have either conventional acid car top fittings or a new, low-profile design.
Low-Profile Top Fittings
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact your NorFalco representative.
Conventional Top Fittings
Conventional Top Fittings include:
- A hinged fill hole and cover with a gasket seal.
- A 2" or 3" discharge (eduction pipe) closed with a pipe cap.
- A 1" air connection and pressure release valve.
- A safety vent assembly containing a rupture disc assembly to protect the tank from excessive pressure (typically adjacent to fill hole). A surge arrestor or hydro damp under the safety vent assembly reduces the internal surge pressures at the safety relief device interface.
- A washout plug and flange at the bottom of the tank car.
- A gauge bar mounted inside the fill hole nozzle to gauge level when loading car.