Sulfuric acid is a powerful, virtually irreplaceable constituent of countless industrial processes. It is used in the manufacture of products such as fertilizers, paints and pigments, explosives, pulp and paper, plastics, detergents, textiles, batteries and a variety of specialty chemicals. It is also used for processing mineral ores, metal refining, petrochemical processing and water treatment.
NorFalco markets sulfuric acid in strengths from 93% to 99% concentration. From the three plants of our parent Glencore and Noranda Income Fund, we ship about 2 million tons of sulfuric acid per year by road, rail and vessel, safely delivering tens of thousands of shipments annually. The plants produce sulfuric acid in a variety of grades meeting industry standard requirements such as Technical, Commercial and Battery Electrolyte.
Our commitment to delivering more than H2SO4 means:
- Reliable and secure supply
- Safe deliveries and Responsible Care
- Technical support delivered to customers' sites
- 24/7 customer service support
- Dependable multiple-plant sourcing
- Consistent quality
- Multi-modal logistics system
- Extensive terminal network
- Experienced sales force
- Direct working relationship with the producer
- Access to Glencore's global supply network